Economic and social development can only be sustainable when there is sufficient access to clean water. Using advanced coping strategies in times of climate variability and implementing long-term mitigation measures for dealing with future projected water shortages and pressure on the health system, is our core business. The reuse of wastewater is strictly regulated at global (WHO), European (European Union) and national levels in the respective countries.
The Two Models in Potable Water Reuse:
- Indirect potable reuse: Uses an environmental buffer, such as a lake, river, or a groundwater aquifer, before the water is treated at a drinking water treatment plant.
- Direct potable reuse: Involves the treatment and distribution of water without an environmental buffer.
The Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactors (MABR) is an alternative aerobic biological treatment process, not to be confused with the MBRs (membrane bioreactors). The MABR comes in different configurations for small- to medium-sized wastewater projects. This family of products provides a complete solution range for decentralised or new and retrofit projects.
- Aerobic biological treatment
- Enhanced nitrogen removal
- Enhanced biological phosphorous removal
- Cut aeration energy use by up to 90%
- Sludge treatment and transport savings
NIROBOX™ reverse osmosis solution is a modular, self-contained system that treats feed water from saline sources. The NIROBOX™ provides an affordable desalination solution in a small, plug-and-play configuration that can be commissioned and begin producing potable water in less than a few months post design phase.
- High quality potable water
- Efficient contaminants removal
- Most efficient in its class
- Small footprint
Where Reuse happens:
Recycled water is an effective solution to a multitude of water management challenges, including water supply resiliency, controlling costs, population growth, environmental enhancement and habitat creation, extreme wet weather events and combined sewer overflow, and saltwater intrusion, among other issues.
Areas of growth for water reclamation include:
- Agricultural irrigation
- Decentralised non-potable water systems
- Industrial reuse
- Environmental rejuvination
- Potable (drinking water) reuse
- “Product Water” from refineries and power stations
- Stormwater capture and reuse
- Preserving resources
Our NIROBOX™ and MABR solutions are state-of-the-art, plug-and-play water treatment solutions. MEB has implemented innovative technologies for all essential areas in the stages of the project cycle, aimed at municipal and industrial customers. We provide innovative and cost-effective water treatment, wastewater treatment and waste-to-energy solutions across the globe. Just take 10 minutes out of your 24-hour day and speak to one of our passionate staff today!